Speaking Engagement Guidelines
We will gladly speak on topics in which we consider ourselves expert. Let's talk.
- See our speaking schedule, here.
- We prefer to book events 60+ days out. This allows sufficient time to plan and produce the needed presentation materials, as well as adequate promotion time for your event.
- Booking dates with less than a 60 day window will incur an additional 20% charge to cover the costs associated with last-minute preparation.
- You must have a minimum attendance of 50 registrants.
- We will provide a bio/introduction for Kathleen Mills, and require that it be used for her introduction.
- The venue will make available any audio/visual equipment required for our presentation. Typically this amounts to an overhead projector and a screen, as well as the PA system.
- PMI will produce its own presentation and handout materials and is solely responsible for their cost.
- PMI will be allowed to record KM's segment(s) (audio/video). Any costs associated with this are to be borne by PMI.
- Permission is granted to the PMI organization to utilize that material in any reasonable manner on our website(s) and any and all other internet properties belonging to PMI.
Event Promotion: List/Community Access
- Happy to promote your event to my community as long as my involvement in your event is promoted to your group as well.
- I will not spam my community. Materials you provide us for distribution to our community must contain material of immediate value to our community.
- We reserve the right of approval/refusal of all material distributed to our community, much as we expect you to exercise the same privilege towards yours.
- You must promote KM in pre-event marketing materials using her image and provided bio, including any links in the bio.
- We must be allowed to promote our programs, materials, and podcast show in a non-commercial manner during the live event.
- Our speaking fee for "local" events is $1500 for 3 hours of material; $2500 if the venue is outside of the DFW Metroplex.
- We require a digital copy of the events' sign-up list, including their names and email addresses, prior to the start of the event.
- Other than the PMI compensation agreed upon, and the potential costs mentioned in "Event Materials/Permissions" above, all costs associated with your event are to be borne by you unless otherwise negotiated.
Request A Speaker
"If you only have eight hours to cut down a tree, spend six of them sharpening your axe."