How To Properly Handle “Release of Records” | Dec Workshop
December 3 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CST
Summary: In this 3 hr workshop, Kathleen will review the TX Health & Safety Code's, "Release of Records Chapter 611" guidelines. Seating is limited.
How To Be Successful With A Release Of Records Request
Effective July 2016 for LPC's : 2 of the 4 CEU Texas LPC Ethics requirements is required for Texas LPC. 2 CEU's must be Texas LPC specific + 1 of the LPC’s choosing wherever + 1 Jurisprudence Exam (upon renewal) = 4. (ACA ethics will no longer suffice, according to the Texas LPC Board.)
This workshop will do a 2-hour deep dive into the release of records, Texas Health & Safety Code Chapter 611, and review the proper protocol of this document. We will also discuss the limitations of your malpractice/liability should you be sued or receive a complaint regarding improper release of records protocol.
If you think an improper, "release of records" complaint, is covered by your liability coverage plan, think again. Kathleen will provide exacting details about things you need to know when it comes to what is actually covered and ways to become more protected.
We only have 8 seats available so register now .
See you at the workshop!
Kathleen Mills, LPC-S, CEAP, CMO, Survivor of The System
Hours One & Two: Texas Health & Safety Code Chapter 611
We'll begin with the basics as we review the actual Chapter 611 document and learn how to read and interpret it.
Additional topics to be discussed during this time, include:
- WHO the Board Protects and Why.
- WHAT the NEW complaint process sequence is (Sub-Chapter K) and talk about the new penalty matrix.
- WHY this “ Villain" is a Hot Topic within LPC Rules and Regulations.
- HOW to help Protect, Equip and Defend your private practice more efficiently.
Hour Three: Cheat Sheet/Quick-Start Worksheet
In the hour three, Kathleen will provide...
- a form for you to complete for each incoming request, which includes 5 preliminary standards you need to have in your daily operations, before you get a records request.
- the checklist of questions to answer about the incoming request which includes how to deny a portion of the record, redaction protocol, preparation and delivery of the requested information
And, as an added bonus, Kathleen will include...
- other things to think about as it pertains to your website and what you may want to begin to include on your website in conjunction with the release of records.
BONUS MATERIAL TO TAKE HOME
(1) Release of Records Workbook
(Includes the article: Understand the Limitations of Your $1M/$3Mil Malpractice-Liability Policy)
(1) Release Of Records Request Packet to use in your office:
- Patient Access Request Forms
- Notification of Time Extension
- Review Determination Letter
- Receipt of Document Sign Off Form
(Light Breakfast or Lunch Will Be Served and yes, chocolate too!)