Defend Your LPC License | June Workshop
June 18 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Summary: In this 3 hr workshop, Kathleen will review the NEW Complaint Process and your legal obligations throughout it. Then she'll arm you with the critical information you'll need to draft your response letter without needing a second mortgage, and in Hour 3 you'll learn what you need to know about the new Penalty Matrix. A lot of new stuff to know!! Seating is limited.
How To Defend Your LPC License
It's far too easy to file a complaint against counselors in the state of Texas. Sooner or later, it will happen to you. What will you do? How will you handle it? Know a good attorney?
Going through the complaint process is not simple, easy, quick, or cheap. Since I've been through it (and exonerated!) 8 times, I thought it would be nice to share my experience with you, and teach you how to navigate the complaint process.
This Workshop Is Less Expensive Than A One Hour Visit With Your Attorney!
In this half-day session we'll cover the agenda below with no more than 8 participants in attendance. The intimate setting will afford everyone plenty of opportunity to ask questions. The event includes a 3-Ring binder with all of the notes, checklists, and how-to materials you'll need to successfully traverse what is currently a 3-year timeline to resolve a single complaint. Here's what we'll cover:
We only have 8 seats available so register now.
See you at the workshop!
Kathleen Mills, LPC-S, CEAP, CMO, Survivor of The System
The NEW Complaint Process (SubChapter K)
- We'll discuss ethics and briefly review different professional arenas that utilize a code of ethics.
- We're going to take a deep-dive look at the NEW complaint process since being overhauled in late 2018. We'll spotlight your legal obligations and options in your overall response to a complaint.
- We'll audit a statistical review of 2018 complaints filed, types of complaints filed, and the current time-frames being experienced in their resolution.
- A review of the official, "SHALL, MUST, and MAY's", will dispel any potential grey areas in your understanding of your Board's expectations and help to ensure your proper conduct/protocol throughout your ordeal.
The Pros and Cons of Having an Attorney Write Your Written Response
- First, we'll review how to read and best interpret your complaint letter.
- Should you write your response? Should you pay an attorney to do it? Could someone else write it for you? Consultants??
- How much should you pay someone to get this letter written?
- What about all those, "Free" consult options out there?
The Penalty Matrix
- Where to find the Penalty Matrix online (it ain't easy!).
- How to read the Penalty Matrix properly.
- How the Penalty Matrix changes things for you.