- This event has passed.
Defend Your LPC License During The Complaint Process-Apr 2017-PM
April 7 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm$125.00
Defend Your LPC License
It’s far too easy to file a complaint against counselors in the state of Texas. Sooner or later, it will happen to you. What will you do? How will you handle it? Know a good attorney?
Going through the complaint process is not simple, easy, or cheap. Since I’ve been through it (and exonerated!) 8 times, I thought it would be nice to share my experience with you, and teach you how to navigate the complaint process.
This Workshop Is Less Expensive Than A One Hour Visit With Your Attorney!
In this half-day session we’ll cover the agenda below with no more than 8 participants in attendance. The intimate setting will afford everyone plenty of opportunity to ask questions. The event includes a 3-Ring binder with all of the notes, checklists, and how-to materials you’ll need to successfully traverse what is currently a 3-year timeline to resolve a single complaint. Here’s what we’ll cover:
HOUR ONE: Ethics, Resources, and Jargon
- We’ll discuss ethics and briefly review different professional arenas that utilize a code of ethics.
- We’ll examine the DSHS and respective licensing board websites to familiarize you with these critical resources. We’ll audit a statistical review of 2016 complaints filed, types of complaints filed, and the current time-frames being experienced today in their resolution.
- We’ll spotlight your legal obligations and options in your overall response to a complaint. In their official guidelines, your Board has clearly spelled out what actions are required, what are optional, and what are, “a really good idea” to carry out. A review of the official, “SHALL, MUST, and MAY’s”, will dispel any potential grey areas in your understanding of your Board’s expectations and help to ensure your proper conduct/protocol throughout your ordeal.
HOUR TWO: Purpose, Process, Hearing, and Sanctions
- We’ll make sure you understand your Board’s true purpose and role in relation to you, your license, and the public at large. This includes their role and relationship towards Interns and Supervisors.
- We’ll review the complaint process from beginning to end, populate each step of the way with information about what you may expect at each phase of the process. We’ll overlay the time-frame(s) being currently experienced by your peers and arm you with the knowledge of the process you’ll need to remove the fear of the unknown.
- Then, we’ll review the Ethics Complaint Hearing process. Know what to expect at your hearing and know how to prepare properly.
- What’s the worst the Board could do? We’ll review possible sanctions – SubChapter K (LPC)and LCSW/LCDC.
HOUR THREE: The TDLR, The BHEC, and The Sunset Commission
- Things are changing in Austin, beginning with a transfer of authority from the DSHS to the TDLR. We’ll discuss how it will affect you.
- What the creation of the BHEC (Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council) means to you, your practice, and mental health-care for the citizens of Texas.
- Why the Sunset Commission wants to dissolve your licensing board. Is this good news or not?? (LPC/LMFT/Social Worker)
We only have 8 seats available so register now.
Give me a call if you have any questions about the 3 Ethics CEU event: 972.234.6634 ext 101
Hope to see you at the workshop!
Kathleen Mills, LPC-S, CEAP, CMO
Life Tree Counseling Center Approved Texas LPC CEU Provider #1777
Life Tree Counseling Center Approved Texas Social Worker CEU Provider #6942